On 18 April 2018, the Research Institute for Health Sciences was invited by Viengping Children’s Home, Mae Rim district, Chiang Mai to provide a training on “Enhance knowledge, turn into adolescent safely, stay away from AIDS project” for their children and youth. Dr. Linda Aurpibul, one of the speakers from RIHES, provided knowledge on Ten National Healthy Recommendations as follows:
National Health Recommendations
- Keep your body and personal items clean
- Maintain good dental health. Brush your teeth at least twice a day; in the morning after waking up and before going to bed.
- Wash your hands frequently and every time before having meal and after excretion.
- Eat cooked and clean food without hazardous substances. Avoid strong flavor and coloring food.
- Refrain from smoking, drinking alcohol, using substances, gambling and promiscuous behaviors.
- Establish warm relationships in the family
- Fire prevention by precaution
- Exercise regularly and have health checkup annually
- Always maintain a joyful mind
- Have a sense of community, social creativity
Besides that, a speaker team of Dr. Arunrat Tangmunkongvorakul also provided knowledge on sex education including condom use, contraceptive and prevention from AIDS in order for children and youth to apply to their daily life.